Woodstock Chimes Forest Cascade Wind Chime- Habitats Collection
From butterflies to blue whales, the earth teems with life. Areas that sustain life are called habitats, and each habitat is part of an interconnected system that makes the richness of our life on Earth possible. Our Woodstock Habitats series celebrates the variety of nature around us. Some trees change color before they lose their leaves in autumn. This chime's handmade ceramic leaves display a subtle range of green and russet color all year-round. Invite the nature sounds of these ceramic leaves into your interior or outdoor settings. More than 30-years ago, the first Woodstock Chime was created by founder and owner Garry Kvistad from an aluminum lawn chair he found in a landfill. As a professional musician and instrument designer, he was fascinated by the Scales of Olympos, a 7th century pentatonic scale that can't be played on a modern piano. Garry had the idea to cut and tune the lawn chair chime tubes to the exact frequency of the ancient scale. The resulting Chimes of Olympos was the first Woodstock Chime and is still one of our bestselling wind chimes. Garry and his wife Diane founded Woodstock Percussion, Inc. in 1979 and it remains a family-owned business in New York's Hudson Valley.
- Wind chime with handmade ceramic leaves display a subtle range of green and russet color all year-round
- 26-Inch overall length: measured from top of hanger to bottom of chime (feather/wind catcher), 10-inches wide
- Rosewood finish beech wood, green and terra cotta color ceramic leaves
- Invite the nature sounds of these ceramic leaves into your interior or outdoor settings
- Woodstock chimes are known around the world for their innovative design, superior quality, and beautiful sound